Friday, April 17, 2009

Learning Patience



As soon as we hit 37 weeks and the doctors told us it was safe for the baby to come at anytime, I was ready for her to be born. Two weeks later and now at 39 weeks, we are still waiting!!! The anticipation of her arrival is so exciting but so hard. Everyday I wake up and wonder if this will be the day. I am definitely learning patience. Although I am getting very uncomfortable, I am not miserable, which I am thankful for. My feet and ankles are hideously swollen and sleeping is minimal, but I know there is an end in sight. This baby has to come at some point!!! When I went to the doctor this week, he said I was still 2-3 cm dilated, but had improved to 90 % effaced. In his words, my cervix is very "ripe". Since the "ripeness" is not helping the baby come any sooner, I am hoping it helps labor not be terribly long. Who knows though! We have everything ready to go and can't wait to meet our little girl. For now, I will try to enjoy the last few days of being pregnant and the wonderful feeling of her little hands and feet kicking inside of me.

1 comment:

Liz Todd said...

You'll need the patience! (And, I'm a little confused... you think you'll start getting some sleep once she gets here??) :) Wonderful, sleepless days are ahead. Treasure every one. (And try to treasure your last few days of quietness!) Can't wait to hear the good news!