Saturday, April 4, 2009

37 Weeks!





It has been a good week with lots of exciting baby things. We are now at 37 weeks, so I am technically "full term" and this baby could make her entrance at anytime! I can't believe we are to this point...we have been waiting for April to get here and it actually is now...ahhh! We had a checkup Friday and received more good news. The doctor said I am about 80% effaced and 2-3 cm dilated, so progress has been made. I was glad to hear that because I definitely feel way more uncomfortable and am feeling the pains and cramps that go along with my cervix changing! Her heartbeat was strong and she has grown in the past week. Nate and I can't wait to meet her!!! I also had a shower this week, hosted by my wonderful friends at school. They really went all out and did such a beautiful job with the decorations, food and gifts. Our baby's closet has definitely grown from all of the precious outfits and dresses we received. I felt very loved, appreciated, and supported. I am going to love being home with my baby during my maternity leave, but I will miss seeing my friends on a daily basis at school. I really do have a great staff that I work with. The pictures are of my huge 37 week belly and the baby shower!

1 comment:

Team Tonagel said...

I love that first picture of your belly. You are so adorable and ALL belly. I am so glad that people are blessing you and you are collecting everything you need for baby's arrival. As far as the tub goes, I do wish that I would have had more of the infant tub in the beginning but I love this tub for this stage. He is sitting up on his own, but is not completely steady on his own, so if he were to fall he would have support. Plus it makes me feel like he is a little more safe than putting him in that big, not-so-soft tub. I didn't have room for two, so I just kept this one. Does that help? Good luck with all the decisions you are making in the coming weeks! We will pray for a healthy baby and momma!